Independence Day Ball will take place July 3 - 7, 2010 at The Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Executive Center in Rockville, Maryland. IDB 2010 will feature:
IDB has sold out every year and is almost sold out for this year - register today to reserve your spot! Visit
www.ChampionshipDanceCamps.com/idb for more information.
- OVER 150 Latin and Standard workshops!
- Instructors are Blackpool, US and World Champions and Finalists
- Over 10,000 sq ft of dance floor
- TWO Independence Day Ball social dance parties
- Performance class taught by Danny Quilliam with special show
- Practice space open all night long
- Private lessons available with ALL of the instructors
- Four workshop CHOICES every hour
- Separate Advanced track for Open and Professional level dancers
Spaces are still available
There are spots still available for:
Can't attend the whole camp? One-day passes are available.
Private Lessons Available with ALL World-Class Instructors
One of the highlights of Independence Day Ball is not only taking group classes, but PRIVATE LESSONS with ALL of our instructors.
They are on a first-come first-serve basis.
For bios and complete list of instructors visit the Instructors page.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Dancing With The Stars professional, 2005 Blackpool Professional Latin Semi-Finalist, 2004 World Masters Finalist
- Victor Fung & Anastasia Muravyeva: Blackpool Professional Standard Finalists
- Gherman Mustuc & Iveta Lukosiute: Current Two time World Professional Ten Dance Champions
- Rufus Dustin: US, British and World Champion. Two time lecturer at the World Ballroom Dance Congress in Blackpool, England
- Glenn Weiss: Two time World Standard Champion
- Bill Sparks: 4 times US Professional Latin Champion
- Ieva Pauksena: World Professional Standard Finalist
- Danny Quilliam: 19 times Canadian Representative to the World Championships
- Oksana Zolotarevskaya: 2008 British National Professional Champion
- Dan Calloway: Professional 10-Dance Grand Finalist
ISTD Standard Symposium
This year, we have added the ISTD Standard Symposium, taught by Lori Woods-Gay, Dual Fellow, Examiner and President, USISTD. The ISTD Standard Symposium runs concurrently with IDB Dance Camp and is available as a 5-day 30 hour in-depth course or 1-day pass to:
- Learn invigilation-friendly routines for competitions and exams
- Prepare for certification as an adjudicator
- Prepare for Associate (Bronze) and Licentiate (Silver) exams
- Open to Professionals and Amateurs, all levels welcome
Argentine Tango Immersion
Returning this year is the IDB Argentine Tango Immersion Program. This start-to-finish crash course in Argentine Tango will be 10 hours of instruction over four days, July 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th. Master the basics of Argentine Tango including Boleos, Sacadas, Volcadas, and the Tango-Waltz. Practice at the mini-milonga! For complete information and registration please visit Tango Immersion page.
In addition to the workshops, we host nightly social events:
Back to top^
- Fireworks trip: Trip to downtown Washington to see the Fireworks on the National Mall near the White House, Capitol and Washington Monument
- Friday & Saturday Night Social Dances
- "Pizza with the Pros": Q&A session with our panel of instructors that always ends in laughter and one-of-a-kind demonstrations